SFK Press seeks book-length fiction by fearless authors. Our mission is to tell a million tales of y’all means all, with a Southern accent. We especially encourage submissions from people of color, indigenous, LGBTQIA+, disabled, current or previously incarcerated, women, and non-binary people.
Please submit your work by clicking on the Submittable button below. We do not accept manuscripts by snail mail or email. We recycle manuscripts that arrive by snail mail and delete those that arrive by email.
Your Query Letter
- Your contact information (full name, email address, phone number, mailing address)
- A synopsis of your project
- Word count
- A brief personal bio
- Any writing/publishing credits or history you may have
- Your professional website and social media handle if applicable
- How you heard about SFK Press
Your Marketing Outline
The author’s role in the book publishing process is critical at all stages. While SFK Press provides full-scale editorial, design, and marketing services at no cost to the author, we want to know that our authors will help us sell their books and fulfill our mission to tell a million tales of y’all means all.
Please attach a 1- to 2-page outline of ways you intend to promote your book, including:
- Readings at local bookstores and other venues
- Virtual book tours (especially if you’re unable to travel)
- Events and conferences you will attend
- Authors you will ask for blurbs
- Readers who will review your book
- Literary contests to which you will submit your book
This outline will not only help SFK Press envision whether or not your work is the right fit for us; it will also help you envision what kind of home you’re seeking for your work.
- Include your contact information on the title page (full name, email address, phone number, mailing address)
- Include your full name and email address in the document header
- Set 1-inch margins on all sides of pages
- Use 12-point Times New Roman font
- Double-space the entire text
Please note: We DO NOT consider submissions that do not include the above three files (query letter, marketing plan, complete manuscript). If any of these are missing, we will consider your submission incomplete and delete it.
We look forward to reading your work and will respond to your query within 1-3 months. Rest assured, every incoming query is being read and evaluated with care.
Not ready to submit a book but have some poetry, short prose, or visual art you’d like to place in the world? Consider sending it to The New Southern Fugitives, Southern Fried Karma’s weekly zine that’s free for readers and pays contributors.